10. Arctic Monkeys - Suck It And See - Full of sun soaked, guitar pop magic, the Monkey’s fourth album is packed to rafters with anthemic, riffy pop hits from start to finish. One of the year’s biggest triumph’s!
9. City And Colour - Little Hell - The man with the angelic voice returns with another beautfiul set of blues infused indie folk songs creating some of his most passionate and intimate moments to date as well as some of his sexiest and poppiest.
8. Tellison - The Wages Of Fear - Just a simply perfect indie pop record, every song is an infectiously catchy guitar pop hit! people really need to listen up to Tellison as they’re probably Britain’s best kept secret.
7. Tubelord - Romance - Reinventing themselves as indie electro wizards, the mathy-pop outfit have excelled themselves on this quirky collection of forward thinking pop songs.
6. Los Campesinos - Hello Sadness - Darling’s of the UK indie underground, Los Camp deliver their ‘breakup album’ and as a result have made their most solid album to date that is both lyrically and musically, the sound of a band at their most accomplished.
5. Lower Than Atlantis -World Record - Once a hardcore band, then a rock band with hardcore tendencies, now a straight up rock band with a punk pop attitude and an army of huge chourses and big riffs on this superb second album. The only way is up.
4. Bon Iver - Bon Iver - Steering away from the intimate acoustics of his first album, Bon Iver creator Justin Veron has inlisted an array of muscian’s to create an album that takes you on a journey of soundscapes that sound huge but intimate at the same time. An album hard to describe; marvel in it’s beauty.
3. Young Leigonaire - Crisis Works - One of the UK rock’s most talented songwriters (alt rock hero Paul Mullen) backed up by a solid rhythm section to crate an earth-shattering assault of fuzzy, riffy awesomeness!
2. Twin Atlantic - Free - Another massive sounding rock record. The Scot’s truely delivered on an album brimming with riffs, melodies, and harmonies; a fantastic start to a band that are surely going bigger and better places.
Luke Leighfield + Jose Vanders - Blindsided (teamABC’s Sunday Morning Remix)
I did a remix, completely had this almost finished about a month ago, but yeah! Just finished tweaking it, and it’s pretty much ready for your ears!
It’s a cover of a Bon Iver song, which is totally pretty in it’s own right (video HERE), but I’ve made it into a little sparkly pop song, as per usual really!
This is brilliant. Stef is my very talented buddy. If I were you, I’d check his blog, it’s pretty radical.
It’s taken me a while to figure it out but here are my top 10 favourite LP’s/EP’s of 2011. So far!
10.City And Colour - Little Hell
9. Radiohead - The King Of Limbs
8. Young Leigonnaire - Crisis Works
7. Arctic Monkeys - Suck It And See
6. Tangled Hair - Apples (EP)
5. Brontide - Sans Soucci
4. Twin Atlantic - Free
3 Lower Than Atlantis - World Record
2. Bon Iver - Bon Iver
1. Rosa Valle - Holy Bermuda (EP)
Bon Iver - Holoscene
Beautiful new Icelandic video for the new single from Bon Iver’s second album. It’s got the same beautiful views that Sigur Ros’s Heima dvd displayed so wonderfully. I would love to visit Iceland, it looks like it has such a nice music and culture, as well as some breathtaking places.
I agree completely with Stef. A beautiful video for a beautiful song from a stunning album. Bon Iver love!